Please see below a further update around how Cawston Park is continuing to manage the risk presented by the Coronavirus pandemic.
- A fully equipped isolation ward is being set up where patients with mild cases can be nursed safely away from others
- Patient observation levels may have to be altered at short notice due to staff shortage or due to that patient exhibiting symptoms of Coronavirus
- Protective clothing and equipment is available to staff working with symptomatic patients
- All staff are having their temperature checked before they commence a shift. All those with a temperature of 37.8 or above will not be admitted to the wards.
- Following the Prime Minister’s most recent update, patients will not be leaving the hospital site unless it is an emergency
- We fully support planned discharges; however, the stance of the placement needs to be taken into account and transition plans may be altered at short notice.
- CTR meetings have been postponed – we are working on solutions to allow these to happen remotely
- All staff who are not directly required to work with patients have been asked to work from home – this means that activity sessions and therapy sessions have been postponed
- Due to administration staff working from home, we will not be able to supply external agencies with documents and reports as quickly as we would like to
We are making enquiries about the provision of testing for Coronavirus, however this is currently unclear
We are working to ensure that we are keeping up to date with NHS guidelines as they emerge. Our work force is likely to be incredibly stretched over the coming weeks, however we will try to address any queries or concerns as a soon as we can.
Please stay indoors.
Dr Jennifer Cook