We are currently seeking a Cookery Session Tutor to join our Education and Skills Development Team at our Hospital in Cawston.
At Jeesal, we love what we do and our mission is to provide a caring and nourishing Centre of Excellence, supporting people with learning disabilities to lead fulfilling lives.
If you are looking for a meaningful career where you can make a genuine difference to peoples lives then we would love to hear from you.
This opportunity is offered on a full time, permanent basis working 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday, 9am – 5pm (with some flexibility required)
As a Cookery Session Tutor you will:
- Assist in the provision of a wide range of activities through cookery sessions to interest and stimulate the physical and mental well-being of patients and improve their quality of life
- Plan, deliver and assess Cookery sessions for the patients
- Record all session information on a daily basis ensuring sessions are well planned and structured
- There is a strong emphasis on teamwork for the postholder who may be required to run alternative sessions from time to time and contribution to organisation of activities outside of the Semester Timetable
- Act as a role model to patients and colleagues alike.
- A passion for cooking and ideally possess a relevant qualification
- Experience of teaching or instructing Cookery or relevant supervisory experience in a clinical setting is desirable.
- Self-motivated and proactive in planning and delivery sessions
- A positive attitude and commitment to patients, their development and the service as a whole
- Objective, non-discriminatory, approachable and professional and able to act as a good role model for our patients
- Able to manage change and be flexible and adaptable
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
Pay and Benefits
- Annual Salary of £18,657.60
- 28 days holiday inclusive of bank holidays
- Comprehensive induction training programme for new starters
- A genuine commitment to personal and professional development
- Perkbox Employee Benefits Scheme
- Free Car Parking
- Recommend a Friend Scheme – Worth £300, subject to conditions (Tax Deductible)
- Bike to Work Scheme
- Free 24hr Confidential Employee Assistance Programme
- We will pay for your DBS Check
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to developing our staff.
We positively encourage applications regardless of race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, disability, religion or belief and age.
All Appointments are subject to an acceptable enhanced Disclosure and Barring disclosure.