At Jeesal Residential Care Services, we support and enable individuals with complex behaviours to lead an active and fulfilled life, achieving their personal goals.
We are currently looking for a Support Worker to join our dedicated team of care professionals at Westbrook House residential home, located in Cromer. This role is offered on a full time, permanent basis, working 37.5 hrs per week on a rota basis including weekends.
£8.75 per hour + enhancements.
As a Support Worker you will:
- Provide the highest standards of direct care and support to our tenants in all aspects of their daily living, as part of a multi- disciplinary team to an identified group of tenants.
- To act as a role model for our tenants and be actively involved in supporting tenants in the safe acquisition of skills and engaging tenants in daily activities and leisure/recreational activities as outlined in their care plans.
- Significantly contribute, following appropriate training, to the assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of the tenants’ care plans.
- Promote individual Person Centred Plans.
- Participate in tenants’ reviews as required by the Support Service Manager.
- Be actively involved with ensuring the consistent delivery of all assessment, treatment and care plans and programmes.
- Desirable but not essential to have an NVQ 2 or a Diploma in Health and Social care or be working towards this.
- A positive attitude and commitment to tenants, their development and the Service as a whole.
- Objective, non-discriminatory, approachable and professional and able to act as a good role model for our tenants.
- Able to manage change and be flexible and adaptable.
- Able to work a variety of shift patterns including Weekends and Waking Nights and also earlies, lates and long days, as required.
Pay and benefits
As a Support Worker at Jeesal Residential Services, you will benefit from:
- £8.75 ph plus overtime and waking night enhancements
- Comprehensive induction training programme for new starters and a genuine commitment to personal and professional development.
- Perkbox Employee Benefits Scheme
- Recommend a Friend Scheme - worth £300, subject to conditions. (Tax Deductible).
- Bike to Work Scheme.
- Free 24 hr Confidential Employee Assistance Programme.
- We will pay for your DBS Check - All successful candidates must undergo an Enhanced Disclosure Barring Service Check - Please note that a criminal record does not necessarily bar you from employment with Jeesal.
Westbrook House is in the seaside town of Cromer on the North Norfolk Coast. It is a vibrant town with a good range of independent shops and well-known high street stores as well as an extensive range of sporting, leisure and educational facilities.
Cromer has excellent transport links including bus, coach and rail services connecting Cromer to local towns and the city of Norwich. Jeesal Group also provides a company vehicle available for use as and when desired.
Keywords: Support Worker, Care Workers, Carer, Care Assistant, Social Care, Healthcare, residential, learning disabilities
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to developing our staff.
We positively encourage applications regardless of race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, disability, religion or belief and age.
All Appointments are subject to an acceptable enhanced Disclosure and Barring disclosure.