Are you ready to take the next step in your career in care?
At Jeesal Residential Care Services, we provide a caring and nurturing environment to support people with learning disabilities live fulfilling lives and make it our duty to ensure people feel at home and live their lives independently and happy.
We are seeking Senior Support Workers to join our dedicated, kind and compassionate team of care professionals at our residential home in West Runton, Cromer.
£9.25 ph, plus additional overtime and waking night enhancements. Full time and part time options available
As a Senior Support Worker you will:
- To assist and support the Management Team in managing and supporting in the day to day routines of the Home
- Encourage and Support the service users to participate in a wide range of activities, ensuring they are as independent as possible with the correct and appropriate support
- As part of the Support Worker care team, to act as a key worker for specific service users, assuming responsibilities as directed
- Lead a team of Support Workers; to ensure all tasks and activities are completed with appropriate guidance
- Support new staff members that come into the home and support with induction and Care Certificate
- Support the Management Team with duties designated to them and to complete them in a timely manner as is required
- Represent the Service in a professional manner at all times
- Respond to service users, relatives and visitors in a welcoming and positive manner
- Be responsible for the Administration of Medication as required to the service users using the processes in place
A Senior Support Worker will:
- Have experience of working in a caring role as identified in a similar environment
- An NVQ/Diploma Level 3 is desirable
- Must have a positive attitude and commitment to servicer users, their development and the Service as a whole.
- Able to work independently and follow instructions, be flexible and adaptable
- Have leadership and teamwork skills and have positive people management skills; be able to work independently and as part of a team
- Be willing to attend all training opportunities to ensure the best possible support for the service users is available and for personal and professional development.
- Able to make decisions and be able to act effectively and appropriately to emergencies and difficult situations
- Be positive in their approach to their role and in their support of others
- Lead by example; to be diplomatic, tactful and professional at all times
- Be flexible in their times of working to meet the needs of both the service and the service users and to have good time management
- Be a positive role model for both the service users and colleagues
As a Senior Support Worker you will recieve:
- Competitive pay rate: £9.25 ph
- Additional overtime and waking night enhancements available.
- Comprehensive induction training programme for new starters and a genuine commitment to personal and professional development.
- Recommend a Friend Scheme - worth £300, subject to conditions. (Tax Deductible).
- Bike to Work Scheme.
- Free 24 hr Confidential Employee Assistance Programme.
- We will pay for your DBS Check
Treehaven located in West Runton, Cromer made up of the Main House and the Bungalows provides the opportunity for a total of twenty people with a learning disability to create their own home.
Treehaven successfully provides residential care on a highly individualised basis to a mixed gender group of eleven people with a learning disability and associated needs, such as autism.
We have a high ratio of staff over a 24-hour period to ensure we can support and enable individuals with complex behaviours to lead an active and fulfilled life, achieving their personal goals.
Interested in the Senior Support Worker post? Apply for immediate consideration.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to developing our staff.
We positively encourage applications regardless of race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, disability, religion or belief and age.
All Appointments are subject to an acceptable enhanced Disclosure and Barring disclosure.