Senior Support Worker
Location: Treehaven Main House, West Runton, Cromer
Salary: £9.60 per hour plus enhancements for overtime and night working
Job type: Permanent, Full-time
Jeesal Group have been established for over 30 years and we are dedicated in providing person-centred care for people with a learning disability. We are currently looking for a Senior Support Worker to join our team at Treehaven Main House.
This is an opportunity to be part of a team that values, respect, dignity and empathy and make a real contribution to the quality of our service users lives.
Responsibilities of the Senior Support Workers:
- Ensure shift plans/support allocations are created fairly and in accordance with the strengths of staff and services users, taking into account service users preferences and contributing to the smooth running of the shift.
- Check and ensure all daily records for service users are complete accurately and fully for each individual.
- Complete and support staff to complete incident reports when necessary and sign these off ready for management sign off.
- Ensure safeguarding incidents are reported to the local authority following the correct procedures, completing the incident interim report.
- Gather all necessary information and ensure that thorough handovers are conducted from shift to shift.
- Provide 1:1 session to support staff as designated by the Service Manager. Ensure clear records are maintained of all 1:1 sessions held;
- Provide support to individuals in a respectful, sensitive, compassionate and person-centred manner in all aspects of daily living;
- Administer medicines to service users following company policies on completion of training and competency assessment.
Requirements of the Senior Support Workers:
- Desirable but not essential to have an NVQ/Diploma Level 3 in Health and Social Care equivalent
- Experience of working within a similar environment
- A positive attitude and commitment to service users, their development and the Service as a whole
- Objective, non-discriminatory, approachable and professional and able to act as a good role model for our service users.
- Must have a compassionate and caring nature
- Able to manage change and be flexible and adaptable
- Have full UK driving licence
Benefits of becoming a Senior Support Worker:
- £9.60 per hour plus enhancements for overtime and night working
- Comprehensive induction training programme for new starters and a genuine commitment to personal and professional development.
- Annual Leave entitlement of 28 days
- Perkbox Employee Discount Scheme
- Recommend a Friend Scheme - worth £300, subject to conditions. (Tax Deductible).
- Bike to Work Scheme.
- Free 24hr Confidential Employee Assistance Programme.
- Pension Scheme with Employer Contributions
- We will pay for your DBS Check
If you feel the Senior Support Worker role suits you, apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to developing our staff.
We positively encourage applications regardless of race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, disability, religion or belief and age.
All Appointments are subject to an acceptable enhanced DBS Check