Senior Support Workers
Location: Ashwood and Salcasa, Buxton, Norfolk, NR10
Salary: £9.25 per hour with night working and overtime enhancements available, up to £10.25 per hour
Job type: Permanent, Full-time
At Jeesal Residential Care Services, we specialise in providing a caring and nurturing environment to support people a learning disability live fulfilling lives and have been supporting people with complex needs for over 30 years. We are currently looking for Senior Support Workers to join our residential service based in Buxton, Norfolk.
Ashwood House, provides the opportunity for seven people with a learning disability to create their own home. Opening in 1999 , the house provides accommodation for five individuals in the main house with two adjoining, one bedroom apartments.
Salcasa opened in 2001, providing residential care services for a mixed gender group of five people with a learning disability and associated needs in this modernised bungalow. This includes a one-bedroom apartment annex.
Responsibilities of a Senior Support Worker:
- Ensure shift plans/support allocations are created fairly and in accordance with the strengths of staff and services users, taking into account service users preferences and contributing to the smooth running of the shift.
- Check and ensure all daily records for service users are complete accurately and fully for each individual.
- Complete and support staff to complete incident reports when necessary and sign these off ready for management sign off.
- Ensure safeguarding incidents are reported to the local authority following the correct procedures, completing the incident interim report.
- Gather all necessary information and ensure that thorough handovers are conducted from shift to shift.
- Provide 1:1 session to support staff as designated by the Service Manager. Ensure clear records are maintained of all 1:1 sessions held;
- Provide support to individuals in a respectful, sensitive, compassionate and person-centred manner in all aspects of daily living;
- Administer medicines to service users following company policies on completion of training and competency assessment.
Requirements of a Senior Support Worker:
- Desirable but not essential to have an NVQ/Diploma Level 3 in Health and Social Care equivalent
- Experience of working within a similar environment
- A positive attitude and commitment to service users, their development and the Service as a whole
- Objective, non-discriminatory, approachable and professional and able to act as a good role model for our service users.
- Must have a compassionate and caring nature
- Able to manage change and be flexible and adaptable
Benefits of becoming the Support Workers:
- £9.25 per hour plus enhancements for overtime and night working up to £10.25 per hour
- Comprehensive induction training programme for new starters and a genuine commitment to personal and professional development
- Annual Leave entitlement of 28 days (inclusive of bank holidays)
- Perkbox Employee Discount Scheme
- Hyundai Affinity New Car Discount Scheme
- Recommend a Friend Scheme - worth £300, subject to conditions. (Tax Deductible).
- Bike to Work Scheme.
- Free 24 hr Confidential Employee Assistance Programme.
- Pension Scheme with Employer Contributions
- We will pay for your DBS Check
Do you match the criteria above? Apply to be a Senior Support Worker today!
Keywords: Team Leader, Senior Care Assistant, Healthcare, Socialcare, Senior Carer
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to developing our staff.
We positively encourage applications regardless of race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, disability, religion or belief and age.
All Appointments are subject to an acceptable enhanced DBS Check.