Location: Westbrook House, Cromer, Norfolk
Salary: £9.15 per hour plus enhancements for overtime and night working up to £10.15 per hour
Job type: Permanent, Full Time
At Jeesal our vision is for people with a learning disability to live a happy, meaningful and fulfilled life. Jeesal have been established for over 30 years and we are dedicated to providing person-centred care.
Westbrook House provides the opportunity for six people with a learning disability to create their own home and are currently looking for a Support Worker to join our team. As a Support Worker you will be flexible in your hours of work, with the ability to work ealies, lates and sleep-in duties and also waking nights as required.
Responsibilities of a Support Worker:
- Provide support to individuals in a respectful, sensitive, compassionate, and person-centred manner in all aspects of their daily living.
- To support service users to develop their skills in various activities of daily living.
- Promote independence and development of appropriate skills and relationships to enable service users to make full use of community facilities.
- Support service users to lead full lives and develop a range of relationships.
- Support service users flexibly in response to their changing needs and aspirations and feedback from the individual and family members.
- Be a positive link with families and others important to the service user
Requirements of a Support Worker:
- Desirable but not essential to have an NVQ 2 or a Diploma in Health and Social Care or be working towards this
- A positive attitude and commitment to service users, their development, and the Service as a whole
- Objective, non-discriminatory, approachable, and professional and able to act as a good role model for our service users.
- Must have a compassionate and caring nature
- Able to manage change and be flexible and adaptable
- Flexible in your working hours with the ability to work a variety of day and waking nights shifts as required
Benefits of becoming a Support Worker:
- £9.15 per hour plus enhancements for overtime and night working up to £10.15 per hour
- Comprehensive induction training programme for new starters and a genuine commitment to personal and professional development.
- Career Development Opportunities
- Annual Leave entitlement of 28 days
- Perkbox Employee Discount Scheme
- Recommend a Friend Scheme - worth £300, subject to conditions. (Tax Deductible).
- Bike to Work Scheme.
- Hyundai Affinity New Car Scheme
- Free 24hr Confidential Employee Assistance Programme.
- Pension Scheme with Employer Contributions
- We will pay for your DBS Check
Make a difference today, apply to work in social care!
Keywords: Care Workers, Carer, Care Assistant, Healthcare, learning disabilities, supported living
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to developing our staff.
We positively encourage applications regardless of race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, disability, religion or belief and age.
All Appointments are subject to an acceptable enhanced DBS Check