Support Workers (Nights)
Location: Cawston Park, near Aylsham, Norfolk
Salary: £8.75 starting hourly rate, weekend enhancements following completion of your probationary period
Job type: Permanent, Full-time
At Jeesal Cawston Park, our mission is to provide a caring and nourishing Centre of Excellence, supporting people with learning disabilities to lead fulfilling lives.
We have opportunities for Support Workers to join our team on nights. Whether you are experienced or inexperienced we would love to hear from you as full training will be provided. Above all, we are looking for compassionate people like you, who share our values. Full and Part time opportunities available and we are open to considering hours to fit around schools.
Cawston Park is a private hospital registered with Care Quality Commission (CQC) providing assessment, treatment and rehabilitation within picturesque grounds. There are three units offering support in both locked and open rehabilitation. The units support people with learning disabilities who are experiencing distressed behaviour.
We have a number of single bespoke service provisions for people who find living with others difficult, together with flats where we support people to improve their independent skills prior to discharge.
As a Support Worker you will:
- Be a role model for patients and be actively involved in engaging patients in daily activities, educational programme, behavioural support programmes and leisure / recreational activities.
- You will accompany patients to their external activities, appointments, visits and events as required.
- You shall be actively involved with patient need lead educational and therapeutic activities to aid rehabilitation in accordance with a patients 24 hour individual timetable of events / activities.
- Support the Ward Managers, Nurses and Senior Support Worker with duties designated to them.
Support Worker requirements:
- Desirable but not essential to have an NVQ/ Diploma in Health and Social care or be working towards this.
- Positive attitude and commitment to the individual, their development and the Service as a whole.
- Objective, non-discriminatory, approachable and professional and able to act as a good role model for our tenants.
- Able to manage change and be flexible and adaptable and able to work a variety of shift patterns including weekends, earlies, lates and long days.
- Communication skills both written and verbal with the ability to communicate at all levels in the organisation.
Benefits of becoming the Support Workers:
- £8.75 starting hourly rate
- Additional pay banding’s for extra responsibilities and vocational qualifications
- Weekend enhancements following completion of your probationary period
- Comprehensive induction training programme for new starters and a genuine commitment to personal and professional development
- Annual Leave entitlement of 28 days (inclusive of bank holidays)
- Perkbox Employee Discount Scheme
- Hyundai Affinity New Car Discount Scheme
- Recommend a Friend Scheme - worth £300, subject to conditions. (Tax Deductible).
- Bike to Work Scheme.
- Free 24 hr Confidential Employee Assistance Programme.
- Pension Scheme with Employer Contributions
- We will pay for your DBS Check
This is an opportunity to be part of a team of values, respect, dignity and empathy and make a real contribution to the quality of our service users lives.
Interested in becoming a Support Worker? Apply today for immediate consideration
Keywords: Support Worker, Care Workers, Carer, Care Assistant, Health Care Assistant, Social Care, Healthcare, hospital, learning disabilities, mental health
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to developing our staff.
We positively encourage applications regardless of race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, disability, religion or belief and age.
All Appointments are subject to an acceptable enhanced DBS Check.