At Jeesal Residential Care Services, we specialise in providing a caring and nurturing environment to support people with developmental disabilities live fulfilling lives and have been supporting people with complex needs for over 30 years.
At Vicarage Road, Cromer, we are seeking a Support Worker to join the team. The Service provides residential care for individuals who have complex behaviours resulting from the issues around their learning disability and/or autism.
We welcome applicants from both experienced and inexperienced candidates, as full training is provided. Full time and part time positions available.
As a Support Worker, you will report to Senior, Shift Leader and Support Service Manager and be responsible for:
- Providing the highest standards of direct care and support to our tenants in all aspects of their daily living, as part of a multi- disciplinary team to an identified group of tenants.
- Acting as a role model for our tenants and be actively involved in supporting tenants in the safe acquisition of skills and engaging tenants in daily activities and leisure/recreational activities as outlined in their care plans.
- Significantly contributing, following appropriate training, to the assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of the tenants’ care plans. To promote individual Person Centred Plans.
- Participate in tenants’ reviews as required by the Support Service Manager.
- Be actively involved with ensuring the consistent delivery of all assessment, treatment and care plans and programmes.
Support Worker Requirements
- Desirable but not essential to have an NVQ 2 or a Diploma in Health and Social care or be working towards this.
- Have a positive attitude and commitment to tenants, their development and the Service as a whole.
- Must be objective, non-discriminatory, approachable and professional and able to act as a good role model for our tenants.
- Able to manage change and be flexible and adaptable and able to work a variety of shift patterns including nights and weekend working.
- Be able to travel as our residential services are based at various locations throughout Norfolk.
Pay and benefits
As a Support Worker for Jeesal Residential Services, you will benefit from:
- £8.75 per hour with night working and overtime enhancements available up to £9.75 per hour
- Comprehensive induction training programme for new starters and a genuine commitment to personal and professional development.
- Perkbox Employee Benefit Scheme
- Recommend a Friend Scheme - worth £300, subject to conditions. (Tax Deductible)
- Bike to Work Scheme.
- Free 24 hr Confidential Employee Assistance Programme.
- We will pay for your DBS Check - All successful candidates must undergo an Enhanced Disclosure Barring Service Check - Please note that a criminal record does not necessarily bar you from employment with Jeesal.
If you feel you meet the criteria for Support Workers, click apply now for immediate consideration.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to developing our staff.
We positively encourage applications regardless of race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, disability, religion or belief and age.
All Appointments are subject to an acceptable enhanced DBS Check