Location: Casarita, Taverham, Norwich
Salary: £9.15 per hour plus enhancements for overtime and night working up to £10.15 per hour
Job type: Permanent, Full-time
Jeesal Group have been established for over 30 years and we are dedicated in providing person-centred care for people with a learning disability. We are currently looking for a Support Worker to join our team based in Taverham, Norfolk on a full time basis.
Casarita opened in 2002 and provides residential care to a mixed gender group of individuals with a learning disability and associated needs.
Based in the village of Taverham, a suburb of the fine city of Norwich. It has many shops, cafes and public houses in the local area and transport links to the city of Norwich with its vibrant array of sporting, leisure and recreational facilities.
Responsibilities of the Support Workers:
- Provide support to individuals in a respectful, sensitive, compassionate and person-centred manner in all aspects of their daily living.
- To support service users to develop their skills in various activities of daily living.
- Promote independence and development of appropriate skills and relationships to enable service users to make full use of community facilities.
- Support service users to lead full lives and develop a range of relationships.
- Support service users flexibly in response to their changing needs and aspirations and feedback from the individual and family members.
- Be a positive link with families and others important to the service user
Requirements of the Support Workers:
- Desirable but not essential to have an NVQ 2 or a Diploma in Health and Social Care or be working towards this
- A positive attitude and commitment to service users, their development and the Service as a whole
- Objective, non-discriminatory, approachable and professional and able to act as a good role model for our service users.
- Must have a compassionate and caring nature
- Able to manage change and be flexible and adaptable
- Able to work a variety of shift patterns including Weekends, Waking Nights, earlier lates and long days as required.
- Have full UK driving licence
Benefits of becoming the Support Workers:
- £9.15 per hour plus enhancements for overtime and night working up to £10.15 per hour
- Comprehensive induction training programme for new starters and a genuine commitment to personal and professional development.
- Annual Leave entitlement of 28 days
- Perkbox Employee Discount Scheme
- Hyundai Affinity New Car Scheme
- Recommend a Friend Scheme - worth £300, subject to conditions. (Tax Deductible).
- Bike to Work Scheme.
- Free 24hr Confidential Employee Assistance Programme.
- Pension Scheme with Employer Contributions
- We will pay for your DBS Check
Think you have what it takes to be a Support Worker? Apply today!
Keywords: Support Worker, Care Workers, Carer, Care Assistant, Social Care, Healthcare, residential, learning disabilities
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to developing our staff.
We positively encourage applications regardless of race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, disability, religion or belief and age.
All Appointments are subject to an acceptable enhanced DBS Check