Location: Westbrook House, Cromer, Norfolk
Salary: £9.15 per hour plus enhancements for overtime and night working up to £9.65 per hour
Job type: Permanent, Full Time
At Jeesal our vision is for people with learning disabilities to live a happy, meaningful and fulfilled life and we want you to be a part of it. This is an opportunity to join a real values-based organisation and a team that values respect, dignity and empathy. You will make a real contribution to the quality of our service users lives.
We are seeking two Support Workers to join our fantastic team at Westbrook House. You will work a variety of shifts on rotation inclusive of earlies, lates, sleep ins and nights. In return you will receive £9.15 per hour plus enhancements for overtime and waking nights and benefits. Full training will also be provided.
Westbrook House provides support for a service users in a person-centred way. We make sure that the home is in a low stimulus environment and that all our service users feel safe and supported by our staff team. We promote independence with all our service users, encouraging them to completed daily living skills as independently as possible.
As a Support Worker you will share with other team members in ensuring that service users receive high quality, person centred support, that the service meets the CQC fundamental standards of care. You will:
- Provide support to individuals in a respectful, sensitive, compassionate and person-centred manner in all aspects of their daily living.
- Support service users to develop their skills in various activities of daily living.
- Promote independence and development of appropriate skills and relationships to enable service users to make full use of community facilities.
- Support service users to lead full lives and develop a range of relationships.
- Support service users flexibly in response to their changing needs and aspirations and feedback from the individual and family members.
- Be a positive link with families and others important to the service user.
- Support the development and implementation of individual person-centred plans.
Support Worker Requirements
- It is desired you have an NVQ Level 2 or Diploma in Health and Social Care
- Positive attitude and commitment to the individual, their development and the Service as a whole.
- Objective, non-discriminatory, approachable and professional and able to act as a good role model for our tenants.
- Able to manage change and be flexible and adaptable and able to work a variety of shift patterns including weekends, earlies, lates and long days.
- Ability to communicate across all levels of the organisation both written and verbally.
Benefits of becoming a Support Worker
- £9.15 per hour with night working and overtime enhancements available, up to £9.65 per hour
- Comprehensive induction training programme for new starters and a genuine commitment to personal and professional development
- Annual Leave entitlement of 28 days (inclusive of bank holidays)
- Perkbox Employee Discount Scheme
- Recommend a Friend Scheme - worth £300, subject to conditions (Tax Deductible)
- Bike to Work Scheme
- Hyundai Affinity New Car Scheme
- Free 24 hr Confidential Employee Assistance Programme.
- Pension Scheme with Employer Contributions
- We will pay for your DBS Check
Want to join the team? Click apply today!
Keywords: Healthcare, Care Assistant, Carer, Care Worker, Social Care
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to developing our staff.
We positively encourage applications regardless of race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, disability, religion or belief and age.
All Appointments are subject to an acceptable enhanced DBS Check.